On 15.02.2013 the new version 2.6.0 of the Linked Media Framework (LMF) was released. LMF is a Linked Data Server bundling and integrating additional functionality like triplification, semantic search and content enhancement/interlinking based onOpenRefine, Apache SOLR, Apache Stanbol and the upcoming Apache Marmotta.
Download and availability
The LMF release is available at the LMF project website at:
- Project website: http://code.google.com/p/lmf/ resp. https://www.newmedialab.at/LMF
- standalone installer and deployable WAR: http://code.google.com/p/lmf/downloads/list
- Maven artifacts: (incl. Archetype): http://devel.kiwi-project.eu:8080/nexus
- Source code: http://code.google.com/p/lmf/source/browse/?name=lmf-parent-2.6.0
Major changes compared to 2.4.x:
- rewritten triplestore (including versioning, rule-based reasoner, transaction support) with considerably higher performance
- modularized LDPath, Linked Data Client and Linked Data Cache (so it can be used by other projects independently of the LMF)
- changed RDF API to Sesame (so it should be easy to exchange the underlying triple store)
- new administration interface
- started implementation of the upcoming Linked Data Platform specification
- many minor bugfixes and improvements and dependency cleanups
This release is a milestone towards Apache Marmotta (incubating). Starting from now on, the Linked Data parts of the source code will be contributed to the Apache Software Foundation. The Linked Media Framework will continue to exist as a bundling of different technologies (including Linked Data Platform, Semantic Search, and Content Enhancement).